In Toad, follow these steps to extract DDL statements from Oracle Dump (DMP file).
Steps to Extract DDL and Create SQL Script From DMP File in Toad
- Open the Toad for Oracle and login to the database.
- Then click on the menu Database > Export > Export File Browser.
- An Export File Browser window will open.
- Click on the Open File icon to open the DMP file as shown in below image.
- After selecting the DMP file from the file browser, it will explore the whole file contents as shown above.
- Then select the Schemas node and do the right click on it.
- From the shortcut menu, choose Export DDL for Selected Nodes to extract DDL statements for that DUMP file.
- Then a window will pop up to ask you for the path for the SQL file.
- Specify the file name and path and click on the OK button to extract.
You can also click on any particular object to extract the DDL for it.
- How to generate Schema script in Toad?
- How to create a foreign key in Oracle SQL Developer?
- How to generate CREATE TABLE script in Toad?