This tutorial shows how you can split a JSON file into separate files in Python.
Example: Splitting a JSON file into Separate Files in Python
In the below example, it will split the JSON file using the Python piping system:
- The code starts by importing the JSON module.
- It then creates a variable called data and loads it with the contents of yourJSONArrayFile.json using the load() function from the json module.
- The code then iterates through each item in the data, creating a new file for each iteration (i).
- The code opens up str(i) + '.json' as f_out and dumps x into that file using dump().
- The code will create a file called "yourJSONArrayFile.json" that contains the data from yourJSONArrayFile.json
import json with open('yourJSONArrayFile.json') as f: data = json.load(f) for i, x in enumerate(data): with open(str(i) + '.json', 'w') as f_out: json.dump(x, f_out)