I have one more blog How to Guides, which is on Blogger, and a few days back I got a notification from Google Search Console, that there is a BreadCrumb issue “Missing field position”. And when I tested the URL on the Google Structured Data testing tool, then I got the full error information and it was “A Value for the position field is required.” error for BreadCrumbList schema markup. Below is the screenshot:
The following is the HTML code line, which was having the issue:
<span class='labeltag' itemprop='itemListElement' itemscope='' itemtype='http://schema.org/ListItem'>
To resolve this error, you need to add the Position property with an integer value in the above code. To do this, follow these steps:
Resolve “A Value for the Position Field is required.” Error for BreadCrumbList Schema Markup in Blogger
1. Open your blog in the Blogger, and navigate to the Theme > Edit HTML and search for the
itemListElement as shown in the below image:
2. This is the same line in which it is having the issue “A Value for the position field is required.“. Now add the following code
<span itemprop='position'>1</span> to this line and the complete line will be as shown below:
<span class='labeltag' itemprop='itemListElement' itemscope='' itemtype='http://schema.org/ListItem'><span itemprop='position'>1</span>
3. After adding the code, click on the Save Theme button to save the changes and test again in the Google Structured Data testing tool, and you will find no issues.
- How to Change Blogger Profile Picture?
- How to Install Disqus Comments Universal Code in Blogger Below Post?