Follow below-mentioned instructions to install PyCharm Community Edition 2019.1 on Windows 10 step by step.
Steps to Install PyCharm Community Edition 2019.1 on Windows 10
- First, download the PyCharm version 2019.1 community edition for Windows with the following link: Download PyCharm.
- After completion of the download, open the download folder and double click the executable named “pycharm-community-2019.1.1.exe” to start the installation.
- A PyCharm installation window will appear, click on the Next button as shown below.
- The following window will appear if you have the previous version of PyCharm installed. You have the option here to uninstall it. But if you want to import the settings from the previous PyCharm then don’t remove it now. Just click on the Next button to continue.
- Now on the next step, specify the installation folder for the new version of PyCharm as shown in the below image:
- On the next step, it will ask you about its shortcuts icons for the desktop and the menu. Specify your preference and then click on the Next button. The installation of PyCharm community edition 2019.1 will be complete after performing these steps.
Now run the PyCharm 2019.1 from one of the shortcuts. If you have the previous version installed, then it will ask you to import the setting from the last version of PyCharm.
Select the option as per your requirement. I chose to import the settings from the previous version of the installation as shown in the below image:
After clicking on the OK button, the PyCharm IDE will appear.