In Toad, it is effortless to create a new connection, in fact, you no need to add a new connection, you just log in to the Oracle database using Toad, and it will save that connection information for future use. In this tutorial, I am explaining some easy steps to create a new connection in Toad for Oracle 13.1.
Steps to Create New Connection in Toad for Oracle Version 13.1
- Open Toad for Oracle, and it will prompt you to log in as shown in the below image.
- First, you need to select the Oracle Database home from the Connect Using drop-down list as shown above for the 1st step. Toad for Oracle automatically determines all the Oracle homes, and it will show you in the drop-down. Select the appropriate for your Oracle Database.
- Then specify the username, password and select the TNS name from the drop-down as shown in the 2nd step in the above screen-shot.
- Also, click on the Save Passwords checkbox bottom left corner of the screen-shot if you want to save the password for this account.
- Then click on the Connect button to log in to the Oracle Database. Now when you open again the connection window from the menu Session > New Connection, it will show you this connection there you need to double click on that connection and Toad for Oracle will connect using that connection.