In Oracle Forms, LOVs are based on the record group and a record group can be static or based on a query. If we want to create a static LOV then actually we should create a static record group first then assign that record group to the LOV to make it static. In this article, I am explaining the steps to create static LOV in Oracle Forms.
Follow These Steps to Create Static LOV (List of Values) in Oracle Forms.
- In the Oracle Form’s object navigator, click on the record group node then click on the + icon to create a new record group.
- A New Record Group window will appear, select the static values radio button and click on OK.
- Then Column Specification window will appear, specify the column heading in the column names section and specify values for that column below in the column values section. As shown in the below example.
- Then click on the OK button and you will return to object navigator.
- There you can change the name of the record group.
- Then click on the LOV node and click on the + icon to create a new LOV.
- A New LOV window will appear, select the Use the LOV Wizard option and click on OK.
- Then from the next screen, select the option Existing Record Group and select the newly created static record group from the list and click on the Next button.
- In the next window, specify the LOV columns by selecting each column from the left side list and click on the Next button.
- Now specify the data block field for the return value and click on the Next button.
- Then specify the LOV title and click Finish.
- You will be back to navigator window, there change the name for the newly created static LOV.
Your new Static LOV is now created, you can use it in your Oracle Forms application.