In Oracle SQL Developer, follow these steps to create a Procedure.
- Navigate to the connections panel and expand the schema node in which you want to create a procedure.
- You will see the list of object types, then click on the Procedure node and do the right click on it.
- From the shortcut menu, click on the New Procedure option as shown below.
- Then a Create Procedure window will appear.
- Specify procedure name in Name field.
- Then specify parameters for the procedure if any, as shown below.
- Then click on the OK button, and the procedure will open in the editor window. There you can add the code in the procedure body. Below is an example.
CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE NEWP ( P_EMPNO IN VARCHAR2 , P_ENAME OUT VARCHAR2 ) AS BEGIN NULL; END NEWP;