In this tutorial, you will learn how to create a database in MongoDB Compass. You can check also my previous post, in which I blogged about how to install MongoDB Compass in Windows.
Follow These Simple Steps to Create Database in MongoDB Compass
- Open the MongoDB Compass and connect to it.
- If you haven't created any database yet in MongoDB, then under My Cluster it will show you the 3 default databases, which are admin, config and local.
- Click on the My Cluster and right side of the window click on Create Database button.
- A Create database window will appear as shown below.
- Type the database name in the Database Name field and press tab.
- Then type the collection name in the Collection Name field as shown in the above image.
- Select Capped Collection checkbox if you want to make this collection capped.
- Then click on Create Database button to finally create the database in MongoDB using Compass.
The newly created database will appear on the databases list.