Follow These 7 Easy Steps To Add Categories in WordPress.
- Login to your WordPress account.
- Click on the menu Posts > Categories and the categories page will open.
- Type category name in the category field.
- Type slug name for the category (slug is the URL-friendly version of the name) and it's optional.
- Then choose a parent category if you want to define any parent category for the new category. This is also an optional field.
- Type the description for the category in the description field and it's optional.
- Then click on Add New Category button to finally save the category information.
Now you can use this newly created Category into your WordPress blog post.