Suppose you want to handle an error in oracle forms and want to display custom error message for that error, but also you want to customize more for a particular error. For example, there are many fields in the form with required property is set to TRUE for Not Null check.
The example below shows the error handling in Oracle forms with a specific Frm-40202 error.
Trigger Level - Form
Declare error_item varchar2(50); curr_item_label varchar2(100); Begin error_item := :system.trigger_item; if error_type = 'FRM' and error_code = 40202 then curr_item_label := get_item_property(error_item, prompt_text); --- you can use alert also to show the message message(curr_item_label || ' cannot be left blank.'); else message(error_text); --- visual attribute a_errors must exists or create your own set_item_property(error_item, current_record_attribute, 'A_errors'); end if; end;
Like us to get notifications for free source code in future, thanks.
- An Example of On-Error Trigger in Oracle Forms
- An Example of Pre-Query and Post-Query Triggers in Oracle Forms With Using Display_Item to Highlight Dynamically
- Displaying Modal Window Messages in Oracle Forms Using Show_Alert
- Why And When To Use Pre-Update and Pre-Insert Triggers In Oracle Forms
- Using Post_Query Trigger in Oracle Forms
- Pre-Update and Pre-Insert Trigger Examples For Oracle Forms